Friday, October 31, 2008

A New Name

I don't know why it is, but choosing a good & suitable title / description for this blog has been pretty a tough task for me. It must be because of the general, broad-ranging nature of things that I want to post here.

I originally started this as a personal blog back in 2004, when personal blogging was the hip and trendy thing to do... and I suppose it still might be, to a certain degree. As seen mostly in my posts prior to this year however, I quickly became disinterested with this concept.

Since the beginning of this year, I started using this blog again to write about technology-related topics, as well as to use it as an outlet for releasing various personal/experimental work. This has been a far more meaningful use to me, but deciding on an appropriate blog title for this personal-turned-technology blog kept shooting nothing but blanks. I settled on "Random Mumblings from Ahsy" for the title, with a description of "You don't want to know..." as they seemed fairly generic and ambiguous enough descriptions. They were also an attempt to choose something witty and clever, although I probably failed epically in that regard.

The new name of this blog is now; "Answers to Hardware and Software for You"... this is obiviously a play on my blog identity, ahsy. Although it might not be fully representative of this blog, I'm hoping it will at least help to establish slightly clearer focus on the topics of my posts, at the same time widen its appeal to both casual and regular readers who are either technology enthusiasts or just passing through looking for information.

No comments: